Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Rebif nurse came

BG is finally on a disease modifying medication for his MS! The Rebif nurse was great.  She helped us both practice giving injections with the autoinjector and I practiced with the syringe in case I ever needed to do it that way. So far BG has not had any of the flu-like feelings that can follow a dose.  He will be injecting 3X a week with a dose that builds gradually (titrated dose) so his body can become used to the medications.  More on Rebif later.  The night before last I finally reached the end of my rope with a night of panic and horrible feelings coursing through my body. I had felt the panic coming for a few days but I always think I'll be OK because I usually am.  So I went to MY doctor crying and shaking and afraid. I guess my biggest fear is waking up with a middle of the night emergency and no other functioning adult in the house.  I was afraid to sleep, couldn't get to sleep and was waking super early (constant vigilance!). Have also lost 10 lbs. I hate going to the doctor.  But she was great with me. Last night Big Guy was walking and talking a little better ( is the Solu-Medrol finally working?) but I m afraid to get too excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment