Saturday, June 25, 2011

Out For a Drive

Today Big Guy and I actually went out for a drive.  BG drove and possibly drove better than he used to since he was being more careful.  I expected to be terrified.  Instead I found that the simple pleasure of going for a drive with my husband on a sunny summer day was mostly just that. A simple pleasure.  But it was still strange to shift my role from caregiver to person in passenger seat.  In fact my role shifting during these past six + weeks has been a massive challenge for me.  In any moment in my family  I might be wife, friend, nurse, mother, cook, administrative assistant, sounding board, advocate, driver, shopper, pee bottle holder, crisis manager, medicine giver, shampoo dispenser, and more to three people. And a dog. I was being driven down country roads today by the very man who could not lift his head a few weeks back. We are moving in the right direction.  We even have moments when  for a second or two I almost forget the MS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment