Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Laundry

I remember back in the first weeks (late May) that my laundry changed.  I was washing sheets and pillowcases and blankets but hardly any clothes for Big Guy.  It was strange --a whole category of clothing just stopped appearing.  Work shirts and jeans and socks were missing.  The first week or two I washed a couple pairs of pajama bottoms and shirts. Today was a normal laundry day.  BG is up and around and things seem more normal.  The laundry tells me things have shifted a lot.
Another first.  Today is the first time BG has taken son2 anywhere since early May.  They went to get an oil change and a sub.  One of the things that fell away with BG's MS was son2's first MLB game.  They were going to have a big day.  Take the train in to the city and go to a big game.  They had planned it and were looking forward to it. Of course going to the game was impossible. Not only that I wondered if BG would ever go to a game again.  Or even play catch with son2.  But this week he played catch twice.  It has been nine weeks since this whole thing began.

No comments:

Post a Comment